We can all use more information when it comes to making music with Ableton Live, it’s why you’re here! Although this site does its best to bring you quality Ableton Live tutorials, I think it’s about time we’ve compiled a list of our 10 favorite Ableton Live tutorial videos from around the web. Enjoy!
1. Tom Cosm’s Electronic Music Tutorial (Parts 1 & 2)
The holy grail of Ableton Live video tutorials. Tom Cosm does an excellent job running over the basics of Ableton Live, then quickly digging into topics like designing a bass line from scratch and sampling drum parts.
Tom has yet to make the other parts to this series (it’s said there will be 10, making this whole series over 10 hours!). Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
2. 20 Ableton Live Tips & Tricks In 8 Minutes
Quick and to the point. Unless you’re an Ableton Live genius, there is bound to be something new here.
3. ESKAMON: “Fine Objects” – Ableton Tutorial by ill.Gates
A great tutorial featuring some interesting and creative ways on using Ableton Live’s Sampler.
4. Sound Design For Film (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
Nick of Nick’s Tutorials takes us through the process of designing sound for film (in this case, clips from the “Clash Of The Titans” trailer). Great for those of you looking to get a demo reel together.
5. DJing With Ableton Live (Tom Cosm DJ Megaset 1.0)
An insightful approach to DJing with Ableton Live. Yet another brilliant Tom Cosm video.
6. Dubspot: Creating Dubstep Drums/Beats In Ableton Live 8
A great video tutorial showcasing the power of programming drums in Ableton Live. You don’t have to just make Dubstep to get something from this video!
7. Designing Glitchy Sounds In Ableton Live
Another great video tutorial from Nick over at Nick’s Tutorials. A simple/quick way of getting glitchy sounds out of Ableton Live.
8. Making Prodigy’s “Smack My Bitch Up” In Ableton (by Jim Pavloff)
Not a tutorial proper, but nonetheless, this jaw dropping video that shows the power of Ableton Live. “Smack By Bitch Up” completely recreated from scratch in Ableton.
9. Ableton Live Tutorial – Operator
Operator is a tough instrument to really wrap your head around, this video gives a great general overview of how things work.
10. Deadmau5’s Interview With Future Music Explaning His Live Setup (Parts 1 & 2)
Have any videos you’ve made? Or have you stumbled across some that you would love to share with the Ableton Live community? Post the URL below!