RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter is a Akai S950 Emulator – emulating the sound of the classic machines which defined the sound of Lo Fi House and Hip Hop! Here’s a rundown of the important features:
- Legendary 12-bit resolution
- Perfect modelling of the S950’s audio signal path
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency)
- Original steep 6th-order low-pass Butterworth filter
- Stereo or mono operation
- Low CPU consumption
- Supports AUv3 and Inter-App Audio
How does it work?
The Input Gain Knob makes your sound loud’n’proud with the S950’s unique grit and warm distortion. It’s powerful and will help anything stand out in your mix. The Audio Bandwidth Knob controls the target sample rate and analog-to-digital conversion circuitry with an exquisite, yet remarkably subtle, aliasing effect. The Filter Knob controls the S950’s infamous steep low-pass filter. Use it on separate elements, or on any output bus or master section.