New app from Roland is here. It is iOS version of their Roland Sound Canvas line (which is General midi sound module). It also plays soundbanks in SMF format. And comes with set of effects on board.
Roland Sound Canvas is a software synthesizer that emulates perfectly the highly popular GS format sound source, along with a bulit-in SMF *1 player for playing Standard MIDI Files. It is based on the Roland GS standard that has been de facto standard sound source, “SOUND Canvas Series” of Roland Desk Top Music (DTM).
It is compatible with the sound for “GS”,”GM2″, and “GM”. It includes Reverb, Chorus, Delay, and 2 Band EQ, plus 64 types of insertion effects *2. In addition, it plays SMF for “SC-88Pro” and “SC-8820”. *3
You can enjoy the old data created by SOUND Canvas series and a variety of GS data on the market from Roland with high quality sound.
- Two types of graphical user interface: “Sound Canvas skin” for music data creation and “Player skin” for practicing with instruments or karaoke application. *Swipe left or right(up or down for iPhone) with two fingers to switch between the skins.
- High quality MIDI file sounds by its 1,600 tones and 63 factory drum presets.
- Convenient functions:”LOOP” mode to repeat your specifying region, “SONG LIST PLAY” to play sequentially plural songs, and more multifunction.
- MIDI interface (separately sold) connection enables to receive MIDI data from the external devices to play sounds.
- Available with a music application compatible for the Core MIDI.