AfroDJMac & Animus Invidious released a Free Ableton Live Rack made by sampling 128 Vinyl Records. Capturing the grooves before the music begins, they looped the vinyl crackling, which allows you to add the sound of vinyl crackle to your productions. There’s some handy Macro controls as well.
- Sample Choose: Select which specific vinyl sample to trigger.
- Tube Crunch: Adds in preamp saturation and slightly brightens the tone. At higher levels also limits the signal.
- Force Root: When on, any note played will send C3 for the original sample pitch. Disable this if you’d like to play the notes at any pitch.
- Reverb: Adds in a lo-fi reverb well-suited for the vinyl vibe.
- Onset: Raise this value to make played notes fade in with a “slow gear” effect; lower it to make notes attack more percussively.
- Tail: How long it takes a note to fade out after it’s released. Release loops are differed from sustain loops for a more interesting result when using long tails. Will also enable and determine portamento time when “force root” is off.
- Dustortion: Add calibrated distortion to shape the tone and add in a little bit more of a “dusty” sound.